31 October 2008

Who ARE These People?

Happy Halloween! (Yesterday/tonite, depending on how weblog savvy you are, and what time zone you're in.) Ever since we met, Austin and I have made it a point to dress up lavishly each Halloween. The year before we were married, he was a pimp and I was his, well, let's just say "side-kick". (I wish I had pictures.)


The first year we moved to Paonia, I was a hula girl (skirt made from all natural Chaco webbing scraps!) and Austin was, yet again, the pimp. (The outfit was too cool to not be brought out again.) I do have a picture of that one. We actually won 1st and 2nd place at the Chaco Halloween Costume competition.

Last year I went as a cave woman as part of the theme for my department at work. We all came as cave persons. Austin went as me, 8 1/2 months pregnant. We were in the top 3 for the competition again.



This year, with Austin not being at Chaco anymore (I secretly think they let Austin go before Halloween so he wouldn't steal the show again), I was afraid there wasn't enough incentive to really dress up. I was wrong. Although I only went in to work for 2-3 hours, I still scrounged together an outfit. And Austin and Carson were able to pull off some pretty spiffy costumes as well for the evening. See if you can guess what we all are:



And here's one of the family, together, in perfect, costumish, harmony:


Happy Halloween!



The Answers:

I am a fortune teller/gypsy.

Austin is Ralph Wiggam from Simpsons--dressed as Idaho.

Carson is a "Small Time Crook".


4 comments:

bridgette said...

Austin is a psycho killer-bomber (couldn't decide on just one, so he's both), Carson is a ticking time bomb, ready to poop-puke (again, couldn't decide, so he does both) at anytime, and Erynn, is Jasmin-Fairy Godmother from Aladdin-Cinderella (yep, you guessed it, indecision strikes again).

Now, as far as your costumes, I haven't a stinking clue.

Valarie said...

Ummmm, yeah. I really have no idea what any of you are. You look like Erynn, from high school. :P And Carson could be a Time Bandit....?? And Austin is a nose picking, balding man from Idaho.... I'm gonna go with that. Unfortunately, that is my best guess.

Megan Lewis said...

Easy, Penfold!

Valarie said...

I'm tagging you!! Check out my blog!