That sounds bleaker than I intended. But summer did wrap up well this year. And with that, so did soccer season. Man did that kid love soccer--as you can see from the picture above. :) He still begs me to let him play again whenever he sees these pictures.
And with the end of summer, we also ushered in vast quantities of family time. I, taking advantage of my mostly schedule-free existance (no job and kids too young for school); and Austin, taking advantage of his more flexible student schedule. At the end of September, I flew out to meet my family for a week at a beach house in San Diego. Austin joined us for the weekend and then drove back home on Sunday. (I'll make a separate post for that, because I took a ton of pictures.)
The following weekend, Austin's parents and older brother Logan came into town. We all headed up to a cabin at Sundance Ski Resort where we were also joined by Spencer and Taylor and his girlfriend Erica. Carson got to sleep in a loft (he got to climb up a ladder and everything! Not super practical for midnight visits to the bathroom, but he didn't seem to mind); Cora and I got to have baths in a luxurious jetted tub; and Austin got to relax with his family. And when we got back to Provo, it was hard to realise that we were supposed to go back to a normal schedule again--at least until Thanksgiving...
1 comment:
Does she really just lay like that in the tub? My kids scream!
Post a Comment