The first week of November this year, we ran another 5K. (Of course when I say "ran", I mean "walked fast" for me...but Austin ran.) I think I would like to make that a yearly tradition. We'll see if I can get up the gumption to pull it off on my own, and not just rely on the MBA program to organize it.
This year, I had the benefit of no longer being pregnant. However, this meant I now was pushing a double jogger stroller with two children in it. But that's okay. I still beat my time from last year by just over 2 minutes! (Still not telling what that actually translates to.) Austin was actually slower by a bit. I guess business school makes you lazy. (Ha ha, just kidding, Aust. I know you're still amazing. :)
After the grown-up's 5K, the kids participated in a little race. It had originally been advertised as a 1-Miler, so we had gone to the BYU indoor track to practice and see if Carson could do it. He could. He raced Austin several laps around the short track and had energy to spare! But the day of the race, it turned out to be more like a 50-yd dash. And it was a good thing too, because the cold weather had left Carson in not the best of running moods.
But he was a little champion! And he loved his racing number and the star sticker they gave him for running. Above is a picture of him with a couple friends from the MBA program after the race.
No comments:
Post a Comment