20 February 2011

The Dog and the Eye

This actually happened several weeks ago, but I just found a picture of the damage. Seemed worth sharing.
(See the mischievious look in that kid's eye?)
It all happened when, one afternoon, my tightly wound Border Collie was playing Indoor Fetch (not encouraged) with my equally tightly wound 2 1/2 year old. For some reason, I thought it would be...what, funny? clever? somehow a good idea?...no, I don't know what I thought it would accomplish...but I decided to sneek up behind my dog.
(See the determination/obsession in that dog's eyes?)
It was just at the moment that I was hovering over the dog from behind that my boy decided to throw the ball right over his head. And that's when the dog leapt up into the air, causing his rock hard, bony skull to collide with my eyebrow. Yes, those are 6 stitches that you see. And no, that's not eyeshadow on my eyelid.
(See that eye?)
Two months later, all is healed--although the dog is still tightly wound. All that's left is a fairly minor scar that just happens to be seated in the midst of some well-placed forehead wrinkles. Nothing a little concealer can't handle. :)

3 comments:

The Doughracle said...

Ouch! Hope you're all better now!

Outsideofacat said...

oh dear... i'll be the dog was as shocked as you were! i am glad it healed well though, and i hope it hasn't left any psychological scars with either of you...

Amanda Tippetts said...

brutal.