14 November 2010

Yes, We Did Celebrate Halloween

It's Austin's favorite holiday, you know. There are not many holidays in the US where you really get to make a true fool of yourself, so Austin really likes to live it up on Halloween--dressing up at every possible opportunity. I like it to, but I can never contend with his costumes.
This costume of Austin's was actually revisited for this year. He wanted to wear the mint-green polyester leisure suit version of this costume, but due to poor planning and a massive snowstorm the week of Halloween, he was unable to retrieve those items from storage at his brother's cabin. So what I think makes this outfit really impressive is that fact that we own clothing items such that he was able to pull off a second version of the pimp-suit. Sadly, the 3" platform Chacos didn't make it into this picture, but they really are legendary.
Carson was excited to be a Train Driver. (In my opinion, the cutest little Train Engineer ever!) I just stumbled across the overalls at Goodwill, and knew it was meant to be. Then, unfortunatly I discovered that Train Engineer costumes are not in high demand this year, so I couldn't find a hat anywhere. But thanks to the fabric store and a little online tutorial, I was able to make this hat for him. Not too shabby, eh? Especially considering the day of this party I discovered my sewing machine is totally broken so I had to hot glue the whole thing together. Probably turned out easier that way, to be honest.
My costume idea was pulled completely off the internet. The sign in the baby's hand says, "I'm wearing my Mommy costume." It's a little bit of a cop-out given the elaborateness of Carson and Austin's costumes, but it was one of the more tasteful pregnancy costumes that didn't involve painting something onto my bare belly. No thanks. But it turned some heads.

We are a happy, crazy, be-costumed family!

2 comments:

Megan Lewis said...

love the costumes and carson is such a cutie!

Autumn said...

Love them!