23 October 2010

Cupcakes Galore!

This is the story of how I ended up with nearly 200 cupcakes.I planned a cupcake party for my birthday, and Carson was more than happy to help me out with the preparation. He was even willing to help me clean the beaters when we were done mixing the batter.

He placed all the cupcake papers in the pan for me and then watched eagerly as I poured the batter. But this was the first pan.
It turns out that one box of cake mix makes a LOT of mini cupcakes. About 4 pans worth. And of course, I couldn't be satisfied with just white cupcakes (eww!); I had to make a box of chocolate cupcakes as well. Eight batches later....
Voila! 200 cupcakes.

Fortunately, once again, Carson was right on top of helping me take care of the situation. He wanted to use some of the cupcakes to sing Happy Birthday to me. So I let him place the candles and then he actually sang the song! I can never get him to sing anything on command, but he really likes this song. We did this a couple of times over the course of the day and devoured a goodly few cakes in the process.

Later that day, I went on a Girl's Outing with my two new sisters-in-law (beautifully arranged by Austin--out of town--and made possible by Paul--watching Carson). Sadly, I forgot to bring any of my cupcakes up to Salt Lake with me. But that's probably just as well since we went out for Frozen Yougurt. (Yummy!) (Yes, I am pregnant, and you can actually tell now. By 6 months, I think that's probably appropriate.) We did fun girly stuff like talk and giggle and paint our toenails. I don't get to do that very often, so it was a lot of fun.

Carson was a trooper and stayed up with Paul until I was ready to go home at 11:30pm. What a great kid!

The next day was the actual cupcake celebration.

Due to scheduling conflicts and last minute invitations, not as many friends were able to attend as I had hoped. But those few who came had a good time--and all the cupcakes they could get their grubby little hands on. And I appreciated the company!

The party was not quite as fun for Seamus--exspecially since it had to be moved from the park to my house due to rain and he didn't get any exercise. But he was still right on top of clean-up duty when the kids were all done. What would I do without him?
Thanks again to everyone involved in helping me celebrate the end of my second decade. Here's to the 30s!
(P.S. I still have lots of cupcakes! Please don't make me eat them all by myself!)

2 comments:

The Doughracle said...

Happy Birthday Erynn!!
30 best wishes from Beijing and if I could rely on the postal system here I might have sent you a speedy egg pancake with a candle on top :)

Amanda Tippetts said...

Happy Birthday again! And those little cupcakes were yum-yum. I think I ate my fair share...