Well, this is it. Jumping off point. I meant to post lots of other things before we left the country. We had a super fun family vacation with the Wilcoxes up in Stanley, ID. We've been crazy with packing all our belongings into a storage shed (10x20--packed solid 7' high, from the back wall to the front door); and we've spent the last couple days in Provo with my family getting all the final details of our American lives squared away. It all would have made for interesting writing fodder, but it was all also extremely busy. Hope I didn't forget anything!
Tomorrow, we will be flying out from the Salt Lake City Airport at 9:30 am. Our plane will land in Los Angeles, then fly to Seoul, South Korea, and then finally on to Beijing China. One year in a country I once said I was scared of and that I never had any interest in visiting. One year studying a language I avoided in college by taking American Sign Language instead. One year spent halfway around the world from both sets of my baby's grandparents!
Why? Maybe because we're a little bit crazy. Maybe because I married a true adventurer who has reminded me that I once thought of myself as an adventurer as well. Maybe because we'll actually be living near family members for once. (It's halfway around the world, but Austin's brother lives there with his family.) And maybe because if we don't do it now then we never will.
Any which way you look at it, there will be challenges and there will be rewards. Overall I think it will be good and I'm excited to see how it all goes down.
Now, if I can just survive that 24 hours of travelling with a toddler tomorrow...
6 comments:
Good luck and I wish you well on your new adventure. I hope that you will be able to post once in a while so we can hear what you are up to.
Sorry I missed you. Crazy time all the way around. Been to China several times and I wish you the best of luck. My nehpew Sam Griffiths just started his year in China last week. He is there teaching English. Please keep your blog updated so we can all know of your adventures. Love you!
GOOD LUCK. China is an experience that was both hard and rewarding for me. I'm so glad I did it, and you will be too. And how many people get to say they lived in China?? The 24 hours of travel sounds...good luck. :)
Eastward HO!
You may have to revert backwards and do the ol' email twice fortnightly dispatch to keep us up on your life! Good luck.
How did I miss this post? Good luck my friend!! I hope that your China experience is incredible!! I hope the flight was a success, and please tell us more!
Post a Comment