04 June 2009

Belly Button

I have a small problem.

Carson has discovered his belly button.

We helped him find his belly button by showing him mom's. (Dad's is too hairy.) And now it's really cute that he likes to pull up his shirt and look for his belly button.

But what's not so cute is that he also likes to pull up mom's shirt and look for her belly button--it doesn't matter to him where we are. And apart from the obvious problem of having my shirt lifted, I'm also plagued by the remnants of baby-belly fat.

I've lost 20 pounds since Christmas! That was the last of my pregnancy weight! I run or walk or do strength exercises nearly every morning! My sugar tolerance and intake has experienced a dramatic decline in recent months. But the belly fat clings. And no matter how I suck it in or flex it, it still bulges.

And this is where the belly button and the problem lie.

2 comments:

cindave said...

i hear ya!!!

Scott Lewis said...

Hey sweet girl! I am sorry to have dropped of the face of the earth. We changed internet providers three weeks ago and it is still down. Hurrah! I am glad to see that Carson is doing his job properly in keeping his parents humble (I think it is on a list all kids are given to accomplish while with their families).

love ya!
Megs