No, don't worry. We haven't done anything illegal, and we're not being
forced out of town. It was just time. Austin was getting cabin fever. I should have realised this while we were dating, and it's been slowly dawning on me over this past 3 years of our marriage, but if he doesn't get plenty of out door activity, he goes crazy. He's a lot like Seamus that way. In fact, I've surmised for some time now that there's more than one reason that Austin has always had an affinity for Border Collies...
Anyway, it was time to get out and discover what Idaho holds in store for us. As there is still snow in the mountains to the north, we headed south. We found Bruneau Sand Dunes State Park, where the tallest single structured sand dune in North America stands at 470ft. There are only two dunes in the park.

Austin was gracious enough to be the baby carrier this time.

The soaking in the lake and the sand-blasting by the wind did nothing to deter Seamus from finding anything and everything to play fetch with.

This was the best we could do for a family picture.

That's the 470 ft dune behind Austin. We saw one tiny little dot walking the crest to the tip. Austin found it ironic that we were all visiting the location of the tallest sand dune in North America, but climbing the shorter one because it was closer.

It was very windy.

I have always loved sand dunes. And there's something about them that makes me feel like I'm
obligated to come home with sand in my pockets. So I was the one jumping down the slope and scampering up the steep side. Shoes, socks, pockets....yeah, I brought sand home.

Running up and down slippery, sandy slopes did nothing to quell Seamus' boundless energy.

One last vista.
And Carson was still cheerful by the end, despite having a wind-chapped, sand-blasted, cherry-red face. What a trooper!
2 comments:
sounds like a fun day out! how far from where you live is this thing? just wondering.
HOW FUN!! Where in Idaho are you again?
Post a Comment