Actually, we're here. We have arrived safely in Boise, ID. The move has gone well (so far...we're still waiting for our stuff) and the job seems to be a good one. Carson and Seamus are adjusting well (you know how territorial 8-month old babies can be), and I'm just waiting for furniture so I can turn our new apartment into home.
It's actually a really nice place. Boise/Meridian seem alright. We actually saw a sunset last nite. (The one drawback to the location of our house in Paonia is that it was right up against a hill on the west side, so we never got very good views of the sunsets.) The apartment was nice and clean, and decently new. (I have my own laundry room! Oh, another drawback to our Paonia house was that the "laundry room" was barely bigger than the washer and dryer. The dryer had to sit so its door could open out into the laundry room doorway, and you had to slide into the room in front of the washer and then open the dryer door in order to move clothes from the washer into the dryer. I loved my house...but it was 80 years old.)
Mostly I have just been driving around, checking things out, playing fetch with Seamus, and trying not to freeze my patootie off. It hasn't broken freezing since we got here, and hung mostly just under 20 degrees yesterday. The locals say this is unusually cold, and it's not much more so than Paonia, but it's still ICY!
Well, seeing as my computer hasn't arrived yet, and I'm at the library, I have no pictures to include in this post. So I'll make it mercifully short. Hope all is going well in Christmas preparations!
2 comments:
I'm glad you guys made it safe!! Hopefully now we can sometime at some point make plans to get together! It was fun seeing you guys at Kelli's!
Let the planning begin!
Glad you guys are there safely. I can't wait to see pics of your new place there. It's been "unseasonably cold" here, too. But for us, that means it's been in the 60's. You should be visitng NOW instead of 6 months from now. :)
Post a Comment