
For Latter-day Saints, the first Sunday of every month is an opportunity to join with your congregation for fasting and the sharing of testimonies. Typically in my life when I have fasted, it is usually to give a boost to my praying efforts--especially when I have a particularly pressing need. But sometimes, I have the rare occasion to dedicate my fast strictly to things I am thankful for. Today was such a day.
I no longer have a house in Colorado I am trying to sell; Austin is finished with school and finals; he has been offered an internship with Amazon in Seattle, Washington for the summer; my children are healthy; and all my relationships are happy. It's almost ridiculous how good things seem right now. So I wanted to dedicate this post, on this lovely first day of May (which turned out much brighter and more sunny than yesterday), to all the wonderful things in my life. It's not to brag. It's just to say that I'm grateful.
I have a strong, handsome, intelligent, commited, loving husband.
I have an adorable, inquisitive, bright, sweet, hilarious little boy.
I have an adorable, inquisitive, bright, sweet, hilarious little boy.
I have a beautiful, strong, healthy, happy little girl.
I have a fun, energetic, obedient, cuddly dog.
I have a warm, comfortable, clean, attractive place to live.
I have a stable source of income for the next 3 months.
I have wonderful parents, brothers, and in-laws, all of whom I love and enjoy spending time with and talking to.
The bulbs and fruit trees are all in blossom. The grass is green. The air is fresh.
I have a good life. I feel very blessed and very loved.
3 comments:
Ooh, are you going to be coming to Seattle too? If so, we should totally get together! I'd love to see you and meet your little girl (and boy)!
Yay for a sunny day! Yesterday was brilliant after the snow on Saturday. I'm glad your thoughts turned to gratitude. It means you are in a good frame of mind. I'm excited for your summer. I think you are going to have a great time!
beautiful. I love those moments when we realize just how good life is right now. I'm in one of those spots too and I'm trying to appreciate it everyday. Hope you enjoy Seattle, but don't settle there, settle out East!
Post a Comment