Carson is having a great time in China. From exploring new apartments to explore to meeting new people, he is pretty happy here. He loves playing with his cousins (especially Ashley, who seems to adore him as well); he loves climbing on the playground; he loves waving at people and saying "hi" (ostensibly that is his first real word--assuming "hah" counts); and he loves street food.
In the pictures below, you'll see him climbing on the Hippopotamus that lives in the sidewalk at our complex, having a blast on a merry-go-round with his cousin Samara, riding in a little shopping basket with his cousin Rocky, and rollicking on his new bed--we couldn't bring ourselves to shell out for a crib, so we adapted the full sized bed in his room. We just have to keep the couch cushions on the edge so he doesn't roll off--which he has done twice.
I am periodically astonished at how much of a little boy he is these days. I think I really got used to the idea of being the parent of a baby. But he's not really a baby anymore! He's even finally picked up on the baby sign language I've been trying to teach him for the last 9 months so he can communicate. He can sign "food", "more", "help", "please" and "all done". And every time he does, he gets really excited at the immediate response he gets from me. I think it makes for a good working relationship.
He is still mostly good-natured (except for when those nasty teeth are growing--can't have that phase over with soon enough!), and such a pleasure to be with. He turns heads everywhere we go, and I'm pleased to say that I'm a proud, proud mama. 
(PS This is the second of two postings! The one below is about This Week in China.)
--
Come and see what's new on my WebLog at www.twicefortnightly.blogspot.com!
Erynn Wilcox
1 comment:
WHAT AN ADVENTUR! you may need to fight us for seamus!!!!!!
Post a Comment