I have a beef. And I'm not just talking about the spicy Panang beef I had for lunch. I have a beef with Blogger.
If you read this and find that this beef applies to your own blog, please know that I don't hold anything against you personally. I am holding Blogger accountable for this problem.
Many WebLogs I have visited have a neat little radio feature. The songs are nice, tasteful, and quite likeable. The problem I have is that they start without prior notification! I have no way of knowing before I visit a blog if music is going to start playing or not. Even with the blogs I visit regularly, I can't remember which ones have music and which ones don't.
What if I'm already listening to music? What if I'm trying to be quiet? What if my volume is turned up too loud from something else I was listening to three days before? What if I'm listening to "Going to California" by Led Zeppelin and "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz starts playing? Both good songs, but oooh, let me tell you. They don't go well together! (As an aside, is there a limited set of songs that you can choose from or is Jason Mraz just the man? Because it seems like everyone has that song!)
I don't want the music to stop. I really like the music. I just want to have control over it. Is that so much to ask? Does that make me a control freak? Can Blogger help me? I suppose if I wanted to be really productive, I would have looked into how this application worked before I started complaining about it. But as it is, I can barely figure out how to use the few applications I have on here. Learn something new? Pshaw!
6 comments:
Feel free to continue frequenting my blog in 100% peace and respite. I do not have a music player on it nor do I listen to Jason Mraz.
Therefore, I am safe.
It is a bit annoying to take an extra step, but you can pause the music on other's blogs.
Thank you. That was much more kind than I would have said it.
Yeah. I like listening to music, but I hate when my speakers are on and I click on someone's blog (or any webpage, for that matter), and sound just happens. Being able to choose when to listen to what is nice. So I figure I'll just refer people to pandora keep music off my blog. And I try to remember to keep my speakers muted except when in use.
I'm totally with you. I often just turn my volume down when I'm reading blogs because I don't know who might have it and who won't. I'll also take this opportunity to say that I've always thought BLOG sounded so ridiculous, but kind of got ofver it after I found out what it meant-or did I mention that before? It still sounds dumb, but...
Uh, first let me say I am, 1- one who has no problem with the term "BLOG", 2- has music on my BLOG and 3- yes, I have Jason Mraz playing on it. So anything I say from here on will probably be discredited and meaningless to you... However, when you set up a play list you can choose to auto start your music or have the listener start the music. I choose auto start. I figure when you are visiting my blog - this is my world, dare you enter, prepare to mute or push pause, but ultimately you do have the control. ;)
Post a Comment